Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Student Success Statement

“A man without a goal is like a ship without a rudder.”- Thomas Carlyle

What this quote means is that if you don’t have anything planned for your future you’ll have nowhere to go. You’ll be stuck your whole life with the same thing over and over. You need to have something in mind that will make you happy and excited to continue on and achieving your goals.  An example that would fit this quote would be you’re in school and when you get home you receive a letter from a college/university and it says you got accepted. But you don’t want to go to school anymore so you reject it. Do you think you made the right choice there? I believe that  you didn’t because now you have nowhere to go besides look for a part-time job that isn’t even enough for you. Be smart about the actions you do because they can turn into a failure when you don’t know what’s best. Always choose the right and try your best to complete your goals because it will bring success into your life. When the boat doesn’t move because it’s missing it rudder you don’t move either because you’re missing something too. This applies to me because I need to know what I want for my future. Luckily I do know what I want and that’s to become an Orthodontist and I know that I will accomplish this goal and so can anyone else.

                                                                        

No comments:

Post a Comment